Re: Actual Miss Manners Column

Ah, the old conflict between wedding as public uniting of families
v. wedding as a public uniting of individuals reappears in SCA
guise. It's as old as marriage, and neither Miss Manners or anyone
else, is going to come up with a solution that will make all happy.
As for me, I left home at fifteen and have little sympathy with the
family position. For those of you who are attached to families and
forsee a SCA wedding in your future, be ready for angst and conflict.
Don't worry too much if you offend your families though, you'll only get
your own back in a few decades when your children refuse to go to
those "stupid, funny costume events with you." Ah, sweet mystery and
frustration of life in the current middle ages and beyond.

Alexii

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols  |QOTD: Life is too short, and I'm
sjvn@access.digex.net      |on deadline. - Angela Gunn
Infobahn Traffic Reporter  |