Re: Another Pennsic question

Elayne asked:

]What does one use as a portable/permanent light source at night?

     I have a small candle lantern that uses hurricane candles, plenty of
light to walk by. Each candle lasts about 7 or 8 hours and it won't blow out
in the wind. It even has a small handle that you can hang it or carry it from.

]I suppose no one would kill me if I used a flashlight, but I'd like to be a
]little more period that that.

     Get a small pen light and put it in a pouch, even if it's just as a backup.
You really don't need much light to see.

]Lanterns? Coleman or such?

     Please, no Coleman lanterns. I go blind just remembering them.

     Inside a tent, I don't use open candles. I have a battery operated lamp
that is perfect. Even to read. (BTW, Coleman makes it) And don't forget about
tent shadows...

Luther the Illuminated