Attention embroiderers! Need help w/Bayeaux Tapestry idea!

Greeting fellow embroiderers!

I have come up with an idea I was wondering if it would be of interest to
others that enjoy embroidery. For several months I have been
unsuccessfully looking for an embroidery design of the Bayeaux Tapestry.
My experience is mostly crewel, and I thought I might investigate making
the design myself.

Depending on the response I get from this message, I thinking of having
certain panel designs from the Tapestry printed on linen or muslin. I
might also create entire kits to sell at Pennsic and other events. So,
basically, this is my market research, to determine if it is a good
product to invest in.

So here are my questions:

1. Have you ever seen any embroidery patterns/kits of the Bayeux Tapestry
for sale?
2. Would you buy a pattern and/or kit? Which would you prefer? (All floss
and materials supplied in a kit, or just the printed design on fabric?)
Assume the price to be less for just the fabric, more for a whole kit.
3. Would you rather it have instructions that emulate the stitching on
the Tapestry, or was something easier, like counted cross stitch?
4. Do you know of any good source material on the style of stitching used
on the Tapestry?

Joscelyn

PS. Please let me know any thoughts you have on the idea, and feel free
to cross-post to local lists. Thanks!

victoria@fcw.com