Re: Attention embroiderers! Need help w/Bayeaux Tapestry idea!

In a message dated 96-02-16 02:30:13 EST, Victoria_Martin@FCW.COM writes:

>3. Would you rather it have instructions that emulate the stitching on
>the Tapestry, or was something easier, like counted cross stitch?
>4. Do you know of any good source material on the style of stitching used
>on the Tapestry?
>
>Joscelyn

3. Personally, I would rather see you doing instructions that teach the
stitching techniques used on the Bayeaux Tapestry instead of creating another
cross-stitch pattern book.

4. There are some books that show the stitches quite clearly and discuss the
tapestry at length. Try:
  The Bayeux Tapestry, David M. Wilson, NY:Knopf 1985
   The Mystery of the Bayeux Tapestry, David J. Bernstein, Univ. of Chicago,
1986
  There is also a web site at http://blah.bsuvc.bsu.edu/bt

Also, there are a couple of people who have been doing some research on the
Tapestry. If you send me your address, etc. via private email, I will get it
to them.

Hope this helps,
Deirdre