Re: Medieval Siege Equipment

On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, John M. Healey wrote:

> To Whom This May Concern:
>      I am student at Damien Memorial High School, Honolulu, Hawaii.
> My english class and I are doing what we call an I-SEARCH project,
> for it requires the students to go out and search for information.
> I would like any information on medieval siege equipment between
> 1000 and 1400 AD you can provide.
>      I would like the information as soon as possible, preferably
> before Feb. 29, when my project is due.  Please send the information
> via e-mail and my father will pass it on to me.  I appreciate any
> information you can provide.
> 																																		Yours Truly,

hi there
this past summer there was an article in scientific american on
trebuchets  a counterweighted catapult (VERY good article)
and a few years before there was an article on balistas
in the same journal

both were excellently written and most importantly had lists of
references in the back of the article or the magazine

in service
-Xavier

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/e/ejcampbe/xavier.html
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html