Re: REQ: Rose Cordial Recipie

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Lisa Steele wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Eric Jon Campbell wrote:
>
> > I am interested in making a rose cordial
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for rose cordials
> > and possible rose petal candy (to make with the leftover petals once the
> > cordial is done)
> >
>   I tried a rose and strawberry cordial using a rose extract for last
> Pennsic. Unless you have someone who grows roses and does not use any
> pesticides on them, you may have problems with getting edible pedals.
>   BTW, anyone know where one might find a violet extract?
>   --Esclarmonde de Colloure

in chapel hill they were selling dried rose hips for 9$ a pound
this was at the silk road coffee/tea house and they were using the same
stuff in their tea so I think its safe

-Thank you for your comments
-Xavier

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/e/ejcampbe/xavier.html
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html