Re: wool (and other) care

 > In a message dated 96-05-16 11:59:41 EDT, sharon@intercon.com
> (Sharon Henderson) writes:
>
> ><Meli orders up an ale, some bread, and some cheese, and sits closer
> >to the fire so she can toast the victuals and sip the ale as
> >she contemplates life,
>
> >the universe, Cats, and their output ....>
> >

> <The door to the Merry Rose swings open, and closes behind a
> glad-eyed lady.
>  She turns to view the current occupants of the Rose, and smiles to
> see such a cheerful band>
>
> Cats and their output?  Is that something like putting out the cat?
> Ah, but that just leads to the inevitable "input", Cat insisting to be
> let back in.
>  Wonder if castles had cat doors?

<A woman with a bucket of water and a rag looks up from scrubbing the floor
and smiles>  Beg pardon, My Laydy...oy don' fink they 'as doors f' kets, but
they 'as servants a'plenty-mind that spill, yer don't wantcher 'em in that. If
yer'd move yer dainty tootsle, ma'am, oi'd be 'appy to wipe up that mess, mind
you oi always says a ket wiv a noice cosy spot by th' fire's content enuff as
long as it's fed well and won't go larkin' about-if yer wouldn't moind movin'
th' chair, Sir-o' course them cassles is a moit drafty, but seein' as 'ow
they've prob'ly mice enow fer a luvvy li'l ket, oi wouldn' moind too much
abowt op'nin' th'door f' th'sweet li'l mouser, beggin' yer pard'n, M'Lords 'n'
Laydys all, oi'll just be bringin' owt more ayle, 'n' some bread, if yer
like..

Miriam Rachel bat Mordecai
email:swann@intercon.com