MR: Disc: Arms

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> or his arms blazon "Gules, a saltire cross azure, bordured argent, 12
> stars argent" (Say, my arms haven't passed yet... Hey Rhiannon, is
> this taken?)

I checked the on-line armorial, and found that your propsed arms
are very close a badge already registered:

   America, Confederate States of
     The following badge associated with this name was registered
     in December of 1994 (via Laurel):
          Gules, a saltire azure fimbriated and mullety argent.
          Important non-SCA battle flag

I suggest you try instead

   Gules, a fess argent and a canton azure mullety argent.

I didn't see anything that conflicted with this, although, strangely,
a plain "Gules, a fess argent" (without the canton) was registered
as the flag of Austria AND the flag of Latvia.

Come to think of it Austria has a name conflict problem, too

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com