Re: subject: REMOVE

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> *smile* I think it was understood, at least by me. I did a double-take
> when I saw that advert, and couldn't help thinking "How rude!" No flames
> to you, but whatever company that was deserves a flame or two for the
> obvious violation of 'Net etiquette.

That's what I used to think, but then a mundane couple that my wife
and I know -- two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet,
with two adorable kids -- started their own mail-order business,
bought a web-site, and (following the advice of a 'how-to' book
that said 'expect a few flames but a lot of business') sent out
what amounted to a spam, and were devestated by the responses
they got, which were all negative.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia