Re: MR-Disc: Nobility

Poster: einar@cvn.net (carl christianson)

posted by Elen Prydydd:

YOU PEOPLE ARE EVIL!!  I'M GETTING ADDICTED TO THIS!!!!!

Alfredo wrote (evil man who has sucked me in so thoroughly!):

>Then the emperor asked what nobility was, to which the king
>replied:
>
>"Nobility has four aspects: first, a knight must win glory;
>second, he must be truthful; third, he must be stalwart; and
>fourth, he must be learned, for God abhors ignorance.  Nobility
>means honoring one's vassals and acknowledging one's debt to
>God."
>
>* What does 'stalwart' mean?

I think it means having character; strength of mind; a deep heart that never
gives up, no matter the odds; perseverence.  One thing's for sure, the
Cathars had it in spades!  I often wish I had more of it as regards my
mundane life, which recently has left me feeling rather discouraged.
<sigh> I'll bounce back <boing>.

Elen
in a philosophical mood, rather than an impishly heretical mood -- that
*will* change. ;>