Event Announcement: Southern PA: Montevale

Poster: Razmus the Innocent <azrael@access.digex.net>

I was typing this out for my newsletter anyway, and thought I
might include it for the general consumption of everyone.  (In
case anyone was looking for an event after Pennsic.)
Typographical errors are mine, but I won't take credit for
lines which preposition end on. *wince*

Anyway, this looked like a fun event, and its VERY near the Atlantian
East Kingdom border.   (Notice, "Exit 2" from the South - The EXIT is
even a short two miles from the border!)
-----
Montevale (PA)
August 30-Sept 1
Eddie at War - Insurrection at Pooh Corner

For a number of years the Pikestaff  has listed our lands as being
Eastern or Æthelmearc and even part of the Crown Province of Ostgardr.
Thus we, the good people of the shire of Montevale have decided that
since no Kingdom wants us - we will be our own Kingdom!  Therefore Lord
Galen of Armagh - Emperor by act of attrition (this can happen to you if
you’re a Seneschal that misses one meeting) - and Lady Lorin of the Dual
Masque, Empress by act of blind ambition - er - faith (this can happen
to you when you let a fighter autocrat) challenge any of the noble
warriors of the East, Æthelmearc, or Atlantia to cross our borders and
meet our Imperial army (Mercenaries wanted!)
The event will be held August 30, 31 and September 1 at the Greencastle
American Legion Picnic Grounds in Greencastle, PA.  The site will open
at noon on August30, and will close at 6pm on September 1.  There are
plenty of campsites available, and there will be space available for
merchants.  Pets are permitted; leashed please.  It is our imperial whim
to give the hard working cooking staff the weekend off; therefor the
feast will be catered by the Greencastle American Legion as a fund-
raiser for their most worthy programs.  It will be a mundane feast of
BBQ chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad and roll.  They also will be
selling sodas separately from the feast.  The feast donation is part of
the on-board fee.  The site is wet, however the autocrat requests that
only period containers be used.  Also, please be prepared to take your
trash home with you.
The site has 100 acres (hence the event title) that holds field and
woods for the armies to make much sport in.  The armies will meet in
round robin field battles (Mercenaries REALLY Loved!).  The last man
standing will be declare for the Empire, Kingdom, or Principality of
their choice (Mercenaries are a Protected Species!).  The round robin
will be a timed battle.  The Kingdom or Empire with the most fighters
declaring for their cause will win the war point.  The woods battle will
be a capture the flag with a twist.  All units entering the woods must
have a flag, banner, or pennant.  When units are engaged, the unit that
defeats the other captures their flag.  The unit with the most
“trophies” wins.  There will be bonus points for Eastern, Atlantian, and
Imperial banners.  We may have combat archery.  There will also be
target archery, including a “pin the tail on Eeyore” shoot.
In addition, there will be an Arts and Sciences
exhibition/competition/collegium.  The arts and sciences program will be
a works in progress competition.  The exhibitor must display an
uncompleted work while actually working on the project.  Documentation
must accompany the project.  The competitor may bring two complete
pieces for exhibit.  This allows the exhibitor to show and teach the
technique involved in the project.
The autocrat for this weekend of high treason is Her Imperial Majesty
Lady Lorin of the Dual Masque.  Mail any questions to: Lorin of the Dual
Masque (Lorrie A. Nelson, PO Box 394, Greencastle, PA 17225.)  She may
be reached at 301-714-4870 after 4pm.  Warning: the autocrat works
nights!  Calls before 4pm will be dealt with by summary execution!  If
she’s not there, leave a message and she will contact you as soon as
possible.
The cost for this event is $10 for on-board and $5 off board.  Children
under age 12 are half price, children age 5 and under, no charge.  Make
checks payable to SCA, Inc. - Shire of Montevale, and send them to Lady
Fiona Kyle (Vickie Lewis, 123 Trigtle Ave., Waynesboro, PA 17268.)
Reservations need to have: Legal Name, SCA Name, return address, and
proof of membership or the extra $3 if you are a non-member.  If you
have special needs, please let us know at the time you reserve.
Directions: Find your best way to I-81, then:
>From the North: Take I81 South to Exit 4 (PA (14).  Turn right onto PA
915 and go west approximately 1 mile to the intersection with US 11.
Turn left onto US 11 South, and go approximately 4 miles to the Sunnyway
Grocery store in Greencastle, turn right onto Williamson Rd.  (this is
the last street before the traffic light.)
***Go NW on Williamson Rd., for approximately 3 miles, and look for the
American Legion Picnic Grounds on your right.
>From the South: Take I81 north to Exit 2 (US11).  Turn left onto US 11
and go north to Greencastle.  Turn left onto Williamson Rd.  (The first
road on the left after the traffic light, beside the Sunnyway Grocery
Store, and follow from *** above.)

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİRst Archives, FAQ, FTP:  http://sca.wayfarer.org/merryrose/