Re: Forum for establishing appropriateness

Poster: William Morris <william.morris@sc.edu>

>> Earl Dayfdd spoke to the appropriateness (NOT!) of the postings
>> from socrates@nrv.net. If you feel motivated, forward the postings
>> to postmaster@nrv.net, or any other appropriate email address at that
>> site, along with your complaint. If each person does this ONCE, without
>> adding large quantities of extra data (no mailbombing!), it should get
>> the postmaster's attention.
>
>I have only had a chance to go to one event since moving to Atlantia.
>While I have never been involved in assassinations, I have done some
>things at events that some Atlantians might consider inappropriate for
>an SCA event.  Is there any forum where I can discuss these borderline
>concerns?

Has anyone really said anything so bad as to warrant removing his or her
abilities to voice an opinion on the Merry Rose?  Are we prepared to be
so hard on one another that differing opinions can not be voiced, and are
therefore essentially silenced?

This Society is based on chivalry, courtousy, and other virtues deemed
worthy to recreate and carry into our non-sca lives.  We SHOULD be a
beacon of understanding and diplomacy.  Is this really an unrealistic
expectation?

I certainly hope that little to no mail is sent requesting anyone be
removed from this forum.  It would be a sad day indeed.  Especially when
someone new to our kingdom suddenly wonders if he or she will be outcast
for having questions...

or an opinion.

>I used to think the Merry Rose was such a forum, but now it
>seems that I may lose all e-mail privileges if I mention anything that
>does turn out to be inappropriate.

Lord Liam a'Welwyn, Seneschal
Canton of Cyddlain Downs