Atlantian Camping Events

Poster: polearmed <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

Allah's Peace on you and your house, Branwynn!!

Wynn Klosky wrote:

> Poster: Wynn Klosky <klosky@meeker.UCAR.EDU>
> <SNIP>

> I remember that camping events are not nearly as common in Atlantia
> as crash-space events, is it still true?)
>
> branwynn ottersby

As always, I envy you and your privilege of living in Allah's country;).

It seems to have changed a little in the few years I have been here.  More and more
camping events are coming round in the spring and summer, and I started packing my tent
in the car even when we had cabins we could use.  My two funnest events this year, other
than Pennsic, were Southern War Practice and Central Region War Practice (thanks again
to Corbie and Thorja for a great time - it seemed to be one of those "intimate" little
events after the storm and we were all stuck on the hill).

The make-up of the area seems to influence this inter-kingdom difference.  While there
are plenty of great places in Atlantia, there are much more opportunities in NM and CO
for a full blown camping event.(I miss the view from Crimson Hill at the Old Outlandish
Site, I miss the view from Crimson and the "experimental site" that we used for 6 or
more years, and the view from Kragon's place is just "heart-wrenchingly" beautiful from
the eastern hill at sundown)

Falcone