Re: Fran: The view from E\l\v\e\g\a\s\t\Kapellenberg

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

Robyyan writes of the aftermath of Fran. I was rather astounded by the
subject line at first. My initial reaction: "Jeez, Fran washed Elvegast
all the way to K'berg? That was some storm!"

>  * Coleman stoves are good, as are Coleman lanterns.  But remember to
> leave windows open for ventilation if you're using them inside.  And
> keep careful track of flammables.

You keep track of flammables near *any* open flame, including your basic
gas stove. (Unfortunately, some people seem capable only of learning this
the hard way, from the occasional headline.)

>  * flywheel flashlights (that you pump to make work) don't depend on
> batteries.  We normally keep ours in the car -- ask to see it if
> you're curious.

Oooooh, I'd love to see it, and *where'd you get it?* I want a dozen.

Evan