Re: MR: Hoop game

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <Neilltl@ptsc.slg.eds.com>

Alfredo el Bufon <edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com>  wrote:
>I have sometimes brought this
>game to events on the principle that it was likely
>re-invented throughout history wherever embroidery
>and knitting was done near children.

I have doubts that period embroidery was ever done on a hoop.  All the period
illumination, tapestry and embroideries I have seen of ladies doing
embroidery show them doing it on a square or rectangular frame.

Knitting, whilst period, was not practiced widely in all cultures and time.

However, the hoops used to make buckets and barrels would have been
available and I am absolutely positive that sticks are period.

        - Anarra