Re: questions about marzipan

Poster: Karen Elisa Green <kgreen2@osf1.gmu.edu>

Daoud wrote:

> But doing the fruit is fun..the "crease" in the apricots, the dimples in the
> apples, (with a clove stuck in to simulate the stem), and rolling the
> strawberries on a bit of screening to simulate their rough surface.

Reminds me of me old mum, who for many years experimented with marzipan
so that she too would be able to make nifty fruits and novelty candies
.. but found that she was not artistically talented enough to do subtle
shadings and sculpting and such.

She eventually figured out a blend of food colorings that turned the
marzipan a nice, even tan color, and would thus make marzipan potatoes.
Sometimes she even dusted the candy potatoes lightly with a bit of cocoa
powder so as to resemble dirt ... :)

Karen Larsdatter med det Usigelige Efternavn fra Skyggedal