Re: Swedish Library Fire(bomb?)

Poster: einar@cvn.net (carl christianson)

Poster: Elen Prydydd

Celynnen wrote:

>I heard a very sad news item about the destruction Friday night (9/20) of a
>library in Linkoeping, Sweden. According to the Associated Press (9/21), the
>library contained, "manuscripts from the Middle Ages and about 70,000 books...
>There are maps, prints and paintings... texts from the 900s and a chamber for
>handwritten manuscripts".

No, this is the first I had heard of it...d**n, d**n, D**N!!!  Einar and I
keep talking about how, one day when we're in good financial shape, we want
to take a vacation in the British Isles and Scandinavia.  We probably
would've put this place on our list of must-see libraries and museums.  I am
gathering, from your post, that the entire place is now a smoking ruin, that
very little, if anything was saved.

I hope the Swedish police catch the creep(s)...

Elen

bonfires make me nervous...REAL nervous