ANNOUNCEMENT: Feast of Hearne

Poster: angela@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Angela Pincha-Neel - ASCC)

                            Feast of Hearne
                          15, 16 & 17 Nov 96

The evening air grows crisp and the trees don their finest party colours to
herald the coming of the Feast of Hearne. The Canton of Attillium invites one
and all to join us in friendship as we celebrate the bountiful harvest of
Autumn.
	There will be many and diverse activities for you to enjoy. A Cyrano
Rapier Tournament will provide you with the opportunity to show your weapons
skills, but also, just as important, your rapier wit!. There will also be a
Heavy Weapons Tournament, numerous heavy weapon melees with and without combat
archery, plus there will be an Archery Tournament. In addition to this, there
will be children's activities along with Bardic and A&S competitions.
	A hot lunch of beef stew, vegetarian soup and angel biscuits will be
served for those who can tear themselves away from the fighting.
	A&S entries should reflect the theme of Twelfth Century Norman/Saxon
England. There will be a separate competition for the best garb from that
period.
	A Bardic competition will be held throughout the day. The winner will
be the gentle who has garnered the most tokens from appreciative audiences.
	After a full day of fun and excitement, gather in the hall for a feast
of the eye as well as the palate, prepared by Lady Bonnie Galiot Mont de la
Mere.  The feast will tickle your tastebuds with such culinary delights as
shrimp chowder, roast stuffed poultry, succulent pork and an assortment of
delicious baked breads.
	This event will be held at the Cape Fear Scout Reservation, Camp
Bowers, in Elizabethtown, NC (910) 688-4489. The site will open at 6:00 pm
Friday, 15 Nov and will close at noon on Sunday, 17 Nov.  The cost of this
wonderous day of fun, fighting, and feasting is a mere $12 onboard or $5
off-board. Children 12 or under are half price. Seating in the hall is limited,
so please send your reservations in early. You may send your reservations to
the AUTOCRAT: Hrothgar Thorgrimsson, (Robert Faircloth), 1508 Ashford Ave,
Fayetteville, NC 28305 (910) 678-7193. Please make checks payable to; SCA Inc:
Canton of Attillium.
	The site is VERY, VERY discreetly damp. PLEASE, no original containers,
not even in the trash!!!

DIRECTIONS:
>From NORTH/SOUTH: From I-95, take exit 49. At the top of the ramp, turn EAST
toward Elizabethtown/White Lake on *** Hwy 53. 6.6 miles from I-95, Hwy 53 will
bear to the right... STAY on Hwy 53. Turn RIGHT into Cape Fear Scout
Reservation (16.6 miles from I-95) Look for the SCA signs. Once you enter the
reservation, bear LEFT. You will go completely around the lake to thr troll.

>From WEST: From Spring Lake/Ft. Bragg: Follow Hwy 210 through Fayetteville
until you cross I-95. You will now be on Hwy 53. Follow NORTH/SOUTH directions
from *** above.

--
                                          __^__