From: atlantia
To: PETERSR; atlantia
Subject: Re: Ceremonies of property transfer
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 1996 11:37AM

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

It's my understanding that one of the main reasons
for having an elaborate ceremony for property
transfer was to make sure that for years afterward
there would be witnesses who could attest that
the transfer had taken place.  And to that end,
they'd get a healthy young boy who seemed to have
a long life ahead of him, and give him a good
box in the ears to make sure he'd remember the
day.

I hope this isn't too vague and uncertain.

 -- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com