Re: MR: Our story so far...

Poster: Virtual Valkyries <valkyries@jagunet.com>

Yes, I guess it is.  Perhaps then "official" web pages should be put on
sites that people donate to the SCA.  I would be more than happy to donate
storage and bandwidth without having to control the actual content. It is no
skin off of my nose.  The Kingdom could consider it a directed donation.  I
have no problem with people putting up their own web pages.  However, if we
have pages that are official, then they should be overseen by someone who is
officially responsible for them.  Frankly, I think the SCA should take
advantage of the Web more.  The more that we can save postage and paper, the
better.  I understand that not everyone has access, so I am not suggesting
we do away with paper publications.  I would rather get my Acorn on the Web
than have it sent to my house.  I can only see the  role of the Internet
growing in the SCA.  We might as well start dealing with it in an organized
manner now.

Victoria Fitzgerald

>But we don't warrant editors of SCA-related paper publications printed
>with private funds. Isn't a web page about the same? Thousands of
>people a month land on my webpages from web search engines. For most of
>them it is probably their first contact with the SCA. But most of
>these webpages are miscellaneous A&S materials, not the "Barony of Foo
>Homepage".
>
>Gregory Blount
>
>[ and no, I won't speculate about why the Rialto archive file on chastity
>belts gets more hits than any other section, all from search engines. ]

 * Amy Lindsey & Matthew Severns  *  "She saw Valkyries     *
 * Virtual Valkyries              *  Come from afar         *
 * Web Services                   *  Ready to ride          *
 * birg@jagunet.com               *  To the tribes of god"  *
 * (410)448-4699                  *      - Saemund's Edda   *