Re: Royal Bard

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Jessica Wilbur wrote:

> Poster: "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@intercon.com>
>

> > Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)
> >
> > His Royal Bardness, Lord Efenwealt Wystle, notes parenthetically:
> >
> > > (I'm not Aed of Avigdor. I'd rather be Dougie MacLean. Steal from
> > > the best, I say...)
> >
> > Is Dougie MacLean the guy who wrote "American Pie"?
> >
> Er, no. That's *Don* McLean... :) I have no idea who Dougie MacLean is...
>
> --Muireann

Dougie is a modern day itenerate musician from Scotland.  Excellent
songwriter, sings, playes guitar, dijirido, whistle, fiddle, and about a
dozen other thing.  Appeals to fans of Traditional Celtic music,
contemporary Celtic music, and folk-rock, or folk fans, too.  Real great
guy.  Check out his CDs.  Efen knows a lot of his stuff.  Efen thinks
he's god.  I think he'd pretty cool, too.  That good enough?
Aye,
Eogan