Re: Bagpipe Commonality

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Ed Hopkins)

Bryn y Pobydd speculates about bagpipes being instruments of war.
Earl Sir Dafydd ap Gwystl points out that bagpipes were commonly
carried by civilians throughout Europe during the Period.
El senor Alfredo el Bufon launches into another tiresome anecdote.

In "The Lion In Winter" there's a scene where Eleanor of Aquitain
is watching her three sons argue about succession.  Prince Richard
(Uncle Tony) pulls a knife on Prince John, who shouts out, "He's
got a knife!"
  The Queen says something like, "Of course he's got a knife!
I have a knife, you have knife; we all have knives, because this
is 1178 and we're barbarians!"

My point is, if one could establish that _knives_ were commonly
carried by civilians in the Period, would that exempt them from
any prohibitions on weapons of war in the royal presence?

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia

mka Edward Hopkins