Rhinos

Poster: Logan and Arielle <logan123@charlotte.infi.net>

I have tried very hard not to get involved in the discussion of how much
force is necessary and when do we label someone a "Rhinohide".  But alas
I have failed.  I simply offer my opinion into this mix.  My philosophy
on fighting is very simple, I will fight whatever type of fight my
opponent desires as long as it falls within the rules of the list.  If he
(this includes women but I am not typing he/she a hundred times) wishes
to bump his acknowledgement up to god like levels I will deliver god
killing blows.  If he wants to fight a fight of skill I will certainly
oblige him.  If he wants to take anything that touches him I will suggest
he move to Meridies or deal with the fact that we in Atlantia do not play
that way.  You only have a few choices when someone will not accept a
blow:
        1. hit them harder (which has very little to do with upper body
strength, but more so with technique)
	2. talk to them about it and hope that, if they are being
unreasonable, you can meet halfway
	3. talk to the Chivalry regarding that individual and write to
the Earl Marshal (files are kept on repeat instances of questionable
acknowledgement, this is the only way that we can deal with our problem
children)

Those are the three best solutions I can offer (I am sure if there are
better ones Tibor will be sure to let me know).  The simple facts are
that this is a violent, yet not malicious, sport that we compete in.
There are certain expectation that we have for people to participate in
this sport.  One such expectation is that a person lands a blow with a
reasonable amount of force as to simulate actual armored combat.  That
blow should not be counted if the force behind it would not have done any
damage to an opponent.  The easiest solution to this "problem" is to
deliver enough force so that your opponent doesn't question whether or
not a shot was good and take less than you give.  It works for me.
Just my opinion

Logan