Re: matching arms on the field

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, John Strauss wrote:
> Perhaps you could get each fighter to hire a herald to argue that he has
> the right to bear the arms and to claim the other is an upstart. The
> heralds can spout heraldi-babble at each other for a bit, talk about
> lineages, et nauseum, then declare it a draw. Then the fighters can fight
> over who gets to keep the arms. The loser can apologise and difference his
> arms for the day.

Henry's suggestion sounds like fun, but I have one observation.  It would
be fun if this were a heraldicly-enhanced tourney and set up this way.
Otherwise, if this hapened during a normal tourney or list, other fighters
might get very bored/hot/irritated while all of this went on to settle a
dispute between two of the fighters.  But if done as a planned scenario, I
think this could be fun, not only for the combatants, but also for the
heralds and spectators as well.
Aye,
Eogan