[MR] Boat Wars May 3'rd - Date and Food

Poster: Joyce Baldwin <jocetta@ibm.net>

Good Gentles,

(harassed looking redheaded woman enters still clutching a large
spoon)

Oh dear, oh dear.  I just heard rumors that some people are thinking
of not coming to Boat Wars because they think the feast/theme is
Mediterranean.  Not true!  The theme is still Norse/Celtic with a
very **Northern** feast with lots of beef, chicken barley stew (made
with cider, very yummy), Danish browned cabbage (much tastier than
it sounds), honey-oat cakes, sourcream raisin pie, and other hearty
delicious NORTHERN dishes.
This came about because my original proposal was Mediterranean, but
after discussion I decided to go with a feast more in keeping with
the event theme.

Also, as I said in an earlier posting - the date in the April Acorn
is INCORRECT!  Boat Wars will be held by Buckston-on-Eno on May
THIRD! - actually the 2'nd through the 4'th.  The site this year is
new, the Optimist's Farm south of Raleigh, and is discreetly WET,
unlike last year's dry site - nor do the gates shut at sunset.  The
rest of the info in the Acorn is correct - or email the autocrat,
Ezekiel the Slightly Demented.  His address is:
dss10@acpub.duke.edu

Please pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.  Thank
you all!

I'm going to need some cider for the chicken stew...of course, I
will have to check it for quality...

(sits down and begins sipping daintily but thirstily on a mug of
cider)

Jocetta

Jocetta Thrushleigh of Rowansgarth -  who really will figure out how
to attach a spiffy sig line after Boat Wars (May 2'nd -4'th, you
know)