Re: i want freedom

Poster: Dick Eney <dickeney@access.digex.net>

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 LORNABAKER@aol.com wrote:

> How can I excape the computerized version of the telemarketer. My e-mail box
> gets filled with junk mail. While friends of mine get their e-mail bounced,
> because my e-mail box is full of stuff I don't want, didn't ask for, have no
> desire to see, etc. Please tell me what to do to get these people to stay out
> of my e-mail .

One method that I know has worked for others is this: insert a false
leading character or two in your return address.  For instance, modify
your message so the return-address reads nospamLORNABAKER@aol.com.  Then,
if you have a .sig block, insert a line in it telling people to reply to
you by deleting nospam".  If you don't use a .sig block, you'll have to do
this by hand in every message you post, but if these creeps are driving
you to distraction it may be worth it.  Of course, this won't remove your
name from the files of the mailing-list salesmen who already have it.

|---------Master Vuong Manh, C.P., Storvik, Atlantia---------|
|Now, let's stop and think: how would Bugs Bunny handle this?|
|----------------(dickeney@access.digex.net)-----------------|