Re: MR: RoUS

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  On Fri, 9 May 1997, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
  >   Giants [The concept dates to Greek mythology]

  Um, Tibor,
  Doesn't ancient Israel predate Greek mythology?

Kendrick, to my mind, while ancient Palestine does predate Greek Mythology,
Goliath was not a member of a "race of giants" but one, isolated man.  The
various translations I have read do not make him sound like a giant, but
rather like Andre the Giant.

Your mileage has varied.  Kee Tov.  (:-) [1]

	Tibor

[1] Kee Tov, is the transliteration from Genesis, when God saw that it was
    good....