Re: knowing everyone was(RE: Pearl & Dolphin)

Poster: SWMyers@aol.com

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com> writes:

<< My main question for those that have various polling awards is - what have
you done to encourage others and what have you done to get to know others?
 You can't know everybody but it is your duty to learn what you can.

When you do meet someone working hard behind the scenes, do you check up to
see whether this is a regular thing for them? >>

I'm replying to this because I was, on some small level, a little offended.
 As  someone who has both their Pearl and their Golden Dolphin, I know that I
go out of my way to know who is doing what in Atlantia.  In the past several
years of pollings, I can still count on both hands the number of candidates
that I did not know, at least by name.  When confronted by a name I do not
know, I make it a point to contact Companions in the candidate's area to ask
about them.

I really do utilize the Watch Lists provided me for both Orders and I also
pay close attention to discussed individuals during Order meetings that I am
able to attend.  At the same time, I do not think that I am *any* different
from the vast majority of the Companions of these two Orders.

I have always tried to support and encourage both artisans and workers within
Atlantia.  I often pull people aside at events to tell them how much their
service is appreciated or how terrific their A&S is.  In addition, I write
cards and notes to people throughout the Kingdom whom I feel are doing
exceptionally well and always try to write personal thank you notes to
everyone who works on my staff when I do events.

Again, I think that my bahavior is very typical for the majority of the
people in Atlantia.

I know that sometimes, a seeming lack of appreciation on some people's parts
can get frustrating.  I also know how annoying it can be to see some people
get recognized for service when others who work even harder are passed over.
 That's why it is encumbent on us all, each and every one, to write to the
Crown's with our recommendations.

Take care,
BRAN TREFONNEN