We're Too Late

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

WE'RE TOO LATE

It once was sixteen-fifty where they drew the line,
Now it's sixteen-hundred, there can be no denyin'.
I guess we'll have to change into something a bit less fine.

'Cause we're too late, lady,
Now we're too late,
'Though we really work'd hard to make it.
Things cavalier
Aren't welcome here,
And I fear
That I just can't fake it.

Since the Bee-Oh-Dee has cut the Period short,
We'll have to find personas of a diff'rent sort.
Or maybe I'll become King and "visit" my own First Court.

'Cause we're too late, lady,
Now we're too late,
'Though we really work'd hard to make it.
Things cavalier
Aren't welcome here,
And I fear
That I just can't fake it.

There'll be good times again, to sing and dance,
But they'll have to be medieval times, or renaissance.
Still, I'm glad for what we had when we had the chance.

But we're too late, lady,
Now we're too late,
'Though we really work'd hard to make it.
Things cavalier
Aren't welcome here,
And I fear
That I just can't fake it.