Can you say this?

Poster: Megan Brett <ragsdale@mindspring.com>

Good Gentles!
I need help figuring out how to pronounce the irish gaelic word "poighaid"
(it means magpie). Someone told me it might be  something like "poed" (poet
with a 'd' sound at the end). Is this right? If not, what is the right way
to say it?
I thank you,
	Helen (the tadgh)

PS - does anyone know of a good book out there that would help me figure
out irish gaelic pronunciations on my own? Thank you again!