Re: Cambok

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

Dafydd ap Gwystl greets Cheapside!

Lady Julleran da Mestre, deputy for children's issues to the Society
Chatelaine, asked for information about Cambok.

I apologize for the brevity of this reply; I'm in the throes of working on
my dissertation.

Cambok is a reconstruction of a medieval game played with sticks and a
volleyball-sized ball, based upon a mid 15th century illustration and
other research.  I published an article describing it (and the research)
in the Oak (Atlantia's A&S newsletter) about two or three years ago.  I
haven't had time to put the article on the web, but perhaps you can get a
reprint of the article from one of the 1500 or so Atlantians that received
a copy of the Oak at that time; you might also contact the current Editor
of the Oak, Elisabeth McAllister (Heather Bryden, heather@hers.com).

Regards,

Dafydd ap Gwystl