Crown Tournament Event Announcement

Poster: seareach@juno.com (Bonnie  A Hindle)

Lords and Ladies, good gentles of Fair Atlantia, I pass on to you with
great delight the details of Crown Tournament coming in November.  {I am
soo excited I could just bust!!! (and I don't want to hear any comments
about already being 'busted')}

	Alesia, Seneschal for Seareach

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  Populace of Atlantia!!  The Shire of Seareach does
invite
one and all to attend the Crown Tournament of Their Royal Majesties,
Logan
and Arielle!!

 The Shire has planned a wondrous day of merriment and martial skills to
tempt all comers.  Besides the Crown Tournament to decide the successors
the Atlantian Throne, there will be an open fighter's tourney.  The
Fighter's
tourney will be a 3-man team free-for-all melee.  Get your team together
and
come fight for bragging rights upon the field of battle!!  So as not to
offend our more genteel fighting brethren, a tournament of Skill and Wit
is
scheduled for our kingdom's fencers.

   In keeping with Their Majesties theme, Atlantia's children, the A&S
competition will focus on the needs of Atlantia's smalls, to include
games,
stories, boffer weapons, and anything relating to the education and
entertainment of  the children of our Kingdom.  Bring your best
smalls-related item to be judged by the smalls.  All items brought for
the
competition will be donated to the Chatelaines and Castellans of
Atlantia.

   Not only will the A&S competition be centered around the children, but
the
Shire will also be hosting a children's boffer hunt.  During the Crown
Tourney on Saturday there will be a boffer woods battle for all children
ages
8-14.  This is a free-for-all melee style tourney in which the children
will
hunt to kill the "beasts" to be served at feast!!

Friday night, being All Hallow's Eve (and Seareach being Seareach), there
will be a... PARTY (what did you expect?)!!  There will be
trick-or-treating
and a halloween festival for the kids (bring candy), and later on a
non-medieval garb costume party for the adults.

   Feast will be a groaning board meat festival, including roast turkey,
venison, and Mock Haggis!  A dessert table of fabulous and tempting
delights
will be open to all.  Feast is being prepared by Lady Kaille the Crone
(Sue
Lisak), and any dietary concerns should be directed to her @ (910)
392-2543
(NLT 10 pm, please).  Entertainment is scheduled for feast, with dancing
and
a bardic circle to follow.

   The site is Camp Pretty Pond in Boiling Springs, NC.  This is a Girl
Scout
Camp, so the site is Discreetly Wet (NO Original Containers).  Site opens
at
5pm on Friday, October 31st, and closes at noon, November 2nd.  Cabins
and
space for tents are available.  Please send reservations or questions
concerning such to Caroline of Seareach (mka Denise Jones), 106 Pointe
Reyes
Dr, Wilmington, NC  28412 (910) 392-7346 (NLT 10pm).  Reservation
deadline is
October 20th!!!  Groups wishing to cabin together should request such,
and
all cabins are first-come first-served.  The only reservation is a paid
reservation!!  Prices are $16 on-board, $10 off board, children under 12
are
half price, and children under 3 are free compliments of the Shire.
There is
a maximum charge of $45 per family.  Make checks payable to Shire of
Seareach, SCA, Inc.

   For questions besides reservations or feast, please contact the
Autocrat,
THL Morgan Emrys (Lou Lisak) at (910) 392-2543 (NLT 10pm), 115 Beasley
Rd,
Wilmington, NC  28403.

Directions:
   FROM THE NORTH AND WEST:
     Take your best route towards Wilmington, NC (southeastern NC).
Follow
the road signs for route 17 south out of Wilmington.  9.8 miles outside
of
Wilmington, in  Winnabow,  turn LEFT onto route 87.  * Follow route 87
south
8 miles to SR 1539 and turn LEFT onto SR 1539.  Camp Pretty Pond is 4
miles
up SR 1539 on the RIGHT.
   FROM THE SOUTH:
     Follow US 17 north to Winnabow, NC, and turn RIGHT onto route 87.
 Follow from * , above.

SCA signs will be posted.