Re: waterproofing canvas

Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>

At 01:02 PM 10/6/97 -0500, Caitlin wrote:
>I am considering acquiring some untreated canvas for use as tent walls (yes,
>I know I'd be better of with better, pre-treated fabric, but the cost
>differential is substantial and this is a temporary expedient).  Any
>suggestions for fabric treatments (both type and method?)

Not surprisingly, this is a topic which comes up from time to time on The
Rialto. You can find a compilation of comments on tent waterproofing and
care (and many, many other topics) in Stefan li Rous' Rialto Archive,
located at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

For tents specifically, see:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/tent-care-msg.html