Re: updated date conventions

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Speaking of calendars, I urge everyone to adopt the
Mercurial Calendar.

The Mercurial Calendar starts the week on Wednesday
(dies Mercurialis).  This makes it easier to show
three-day events.  It also puts the events at a
more prominent part of the page.

Below I show how this month looks in the Mercurial
Calendar.  You need to use a non-proportional font
to see it.

 October AS xxxii
 Wed   Thu    Fri   Sat    Sun    Mon   Tue
+----+-----+------+------+------+-----+-----+
| 1  | 2   | 3    | 4    | 5    | 6   | 7   |
|    |     |   Feast of Herne   |     |     |
+----+-----+------+------+------+-----+-----+
| 8  | 9   | 10   | 11   | 12   | 13  | 14  |
|    |     |    Flemish Fair    |     |     |
+----+-----+------+------+------+-----+-----+
| 15 | 16  | 17   | 18   | 19   | 20  | 21  |
|    |     |  Kingdom's Crusade |     |     |
+----+-----+------+------+------+-----+-----+
| 22 | 23  | 24   | 25 WH| 26   | 27  | 28  |
|    |     |      |Champs|      |     |     |
+----+-----+------+------+------+-----+-----+
| 29 | 30  | 31   |
|    |     |  Crown Tourney

Using the Mercurial Calendar has a surprising side
benefit: It breaks up the work work.  I used to
wake up on Monday saying, "Another week... five
more days at the salt mines."  Now, wake up on
Monday saying,  "I just had two days off, and
there's only two more days left in the week!"
And on Wednesday, I say, "Another week... but I get
two days off right in the middle!"

-- Alfredo