Fighters' Fling, Nov. 15

Poster: Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>

The Shire of Cathanar invites one and all to a most unofficial event:

FISHER'S LANDING FIGHTERS' FLING
November 15, 1997 C.E.

Do fighters every really need a reason to don their armor, pick up their
weapon and beat on each other for the glory of the game?  I don't think
so!...But!!!  For those that do please come and enjoy the 1st Fisher's
Landing Fighters Fling.  (Next time there may actually be a reason.)

Site opens at 9am Saturday.  Camping is available for the brave of heart.
The site is discreetly wet.  Pets are welcome, but must be leashed.  There
is no site fee, camping fee, or even parking fee, but donations are gladly
accepted.

There will be a Rapier Tourney in the morning and a Heavy Tourney to follow.
Both tourneys will be prize tourneys, with prizes donated by the artisans of
Cathanar.  A&S will have a display table set up so bring your latest project
to show off!

Lord Christopher Storme of Kintail will prepare a simple peasant feast
including stew, freshly-baked bread and more!  There isn't a feast fee, but
donations are ENCOURAGED!  (Pretty please?  Suggested donation $2-3)

Crash space is available, especially if the weather turns brisk.  (Well, it
IS November.)

For questions and/or reservations (How much stew should we make???) please
contact Jean-Franc D'Blauvelt (John Bova) 2106 Waters St., New Bern, NC
28560, (919)-635-3130 NLT 9pm.  [You may also email chhintze@bmd.clis.com
and we'll see that it reaches Jean-Franc.]

DIRECTIONS:

Take your best route to US-70 east of New Bern, NC.

If you're heading east, Fisher's Landing is on the left shortly before the
ranger station.

If you're going west, it's on the right shortly after the ranger station.

Just watch for SCA signs; you'll be fine!!!!