Stierbach Baronial Elevation and Investiture - with address!

Poster: luther@agent.infodata.com (Luther, Alaric)

Stierbach Baronial Elevation and Investiture- February 21, 1998

Stierbach proudly invites you to join us in celebrating our Elevation
to Barony and the Investiture of our first Baron and Baroness! Don
your finest and join us in a day of revelry, fighting, dancing and
memorable feasting. We will have heavy weapons fighting led by His
Majesty Logan even if it snows, or so He has said! The A&S competition
will be of open categories with the theme of Everyday Tools. Bring
your spinning wheels, pin cushion looms, lace bobbins, cups, period
utensils, and especially armor that *our* fighters use day in and day
out. There will be a special prize for presentation and the Best Dent
Story.

Baroness Keilyn Fitzwarin and a team of cooks from 3 different
kingdoms will be preparing a feast for only 125 gentles. There is a
limited number of offboard places available in the hall as well. You
may reserve tables of 8 so that your group may sit together, but
please do so early! Dietary concerns should be addressed directly to
Baroness Keilyn at bmorris@access.digex.net or (301)474-6718 NLT 11pm.

The on-board cost is $14.00 per person prior to February 1, 1998
(received by Feb 1st). Offboard is $8.00. Children under 12 are
half-price and children under 5 are our guests. Please make checks
payable to the Shire of Stierbach/SCA, Inc. Any reservations not
claimed by 3pm will be sold.

After the feast, one of the Knowne World's most accomplished Dancing
Masters, James of Rutland, has consented to lead us in an evening of
period dance.

Lunch will be available of stew, bread and hot cider for a minuscule
fee. Hot and cold cider will also be available throughout the day for
everyone. Children's Activities will be led by our new Children's
Chatelaine, Jenet Fairhugh.

Merchants are welcome. For reservations, local accommodations and
crash space please contact the Autocrat:

     Lord Alaric Luther (Marty Wilsey)
     9612 King George Dr. Manassas, VA 20109
     luther@stierbach.atlantia.sca.org
     703-218-1173 (anytime).

The on site emergency number for the day is (703) 407-5607.

The site is The City of Manassas Fire and Rescue Hall- 9323 Center
Street, Manassas, VA. The site is wet, however, the Virginia drinking
age will be strictly enforced. The site opens at 10am, closes at 10pm
for cleanup.

Directions:

>From points South:
I-95 N to 234 West (about 16 miles)
bear right onto North Hwy 28 - Center Street
Follow until you see the Fire Station

>From points North and West:
I-66 to 234 East (Sudley Road, 6.7 miles or so)
Turn left onto Center Street
Follow until you see the Fire Station