Needlework Linen

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

Greetings, Atlantians!

Whilst rambling in the ether, I found something that sounds most
interesting -- a webpage for
Green Mountain Hand-Dyed Linens.  I haven't seen any yet (everyone is
closed for Xmas!)
but it sounds like something any SCAdian stitcher might take an interest
in.  The fabrics are all
natural linens and are dyed with plant materials of various sorts,
mordanted with alum.

http://www.sover.net/~mitlfrah/

It seems there are various and sundry colors, all keyed to  DMC
approximations, so that
you can get an idea of the shades.

They list      Blues,  Tans, Browns, Beiges,  Greens,  Grays,  Blacks,
Earthreds, Yellows,
Pinks, Lavenders, & Purples!

Also there is a link-page with the names of suppliers in various states.

I'm not connected with them in any way, but I intend to hunt some down as
soon as possible.

Happy this time of year!

Alanna