[TY] Pelican song

Poster: meridies@web.ce.utk.edu

Thank you, Baroness Bronwen, for sharing this with me, but I think the
whole Yard would enjoy it!  (Are you sure you didn't write it?)

Thought you might enjoy this:

                I'M A PELICAN AND I'M OK
                       -Anonymous
               tune: "I'm A Lumberjack..."

Oh, I'm a Pelican and I'm OK
I work all night and I work all day!

I autocrat, I run events, I order the lava'trie!
On Sundays I clean up the camp; I'm always last to
   leave!
Oh, I'm a Pelican and I'm OK
I work all night and I work all day!

I wear this bird around my neck to impress both young
   and old
My talents they are many, and younger Peers I scold!

Oh, I'm a Pelican and I'm OK
I work all night and I work all day!

When things go wrong it's me you seek to put them back
   on course
If I'm not around to steer things right: there's always
   God, of course!

Oh I'm a Pelican and I'm OK
I work all night and I work all day!

We stand around and polish Crowns of all the Royalty
We fix Their Thrones, we make no bones, for Pelicans are
   we!

Yes, I'm a Pelican I'm proud to say
that if it's done right it's done MY way!

	From "Peggy J. Hicks"