Missing Friend

Poster: stephancm@juno.com

Please forgive this mundane intrusion to the list.  But one of my friends
is reported missing.  This is for the Central Virginia Area,
specifically, Richmond, Virginia.  THIS IS NO JOKE.

His name is Roland Caldwell.  He lives in Buckner Virginia, 50 miles
north west of Richmond.  He was last seen yesterday afternoon (Jan 23,
1998) having left work, in the Parham Road area.  He was reportedly
heading to the Henrico Government Center to a computer auction.   He was
to meet a friend at the auction.   He never arrived.

Roland is a white male approximately 55-60 years old.  Full head of
graying hair, glasses and a deep West Virginia  accent.  He says the
words "Ya Know"  in almost every sentence.  He was driving a dingy
beat-up white Chevy S-10 Pickup truck with a broken windshield.  We are
currently trying to find out the license plate number.

If you see an abandoned vehicle matching this description,  or have any
information your feel may be useful, please let me know.  I realize that
this is a long shot, but you never can tell.  There are lots of us in the
Central Virginia Area.  He would have used Interstate 64 West or Route 33
West to get home.

I can be reached at  (540) 872-5481.  E-Mail is stephancm@juno.com.  My
mundane name is Peter Clarke.  Call any time day or night if you have any
information.  He is a close personal friend.  He isn't a heavy drinker
and doesn't use drugs.  He has never done anything like this before.

Thanks for allowing me this opportunity to ask for help.  Again, I
apologize for interrupting the net with this mundane item.