new & used books announcement

Poster: Erick and Sue <bduck@fred.net>

Greetings to All--

This is a 'kind of a' Steirbach Elevation announcement AND has nothing to
do with Northern Principality debates.

For those who plan to attend Stierbach and also plan to peruse the merchant
area, Page After Page, (the book dealer) will be there with some
interesting new and used titles.

We have a LARGE assortment of "new" interesting used and rare books--at
very reasonable prices we have picked up since the Moghul Sweep.  And some
new titles we have never carried before.

For those who suspect, yes, THIS is why we are in this business--we love
finding great new & used books and getting them to the right person.

And, yes we still take checks and cash.  We have run into a few roadblocks
in getting signed up to accept credit cards...it IS in the works, just
taking longer than we'd like.

Some of our new, new titles are:

**Most Wise & Valiant Ladies: Remarkable Lives Women of the Middle Ages, By
Andrea Hopkins.

**The Autumn of the Middle Ages, by Johan Huizinga (trans by Payton &
Mammitzsch) some might recognize this book's earlier translation The Waning
of the Middle Ages, This edition corrects some mistakes and clarifies the
author's arguements.

**Celtic Women's Spirituality:Accessing the Cauldron of Life, Edain McCoy.

**Kumihimo: Japanese Silk Braiding Techniques, Catherine Martin.

**Mughal Miniatures, J.M. Rogers.

Here are a very, few of our new, used titles:

***The Crusades, Hans Eberhard Mayer 2nd ed.

***Hindu Myths, translated by Wendy O'Flaherty. penguin classics.

***A History of Private Life: Revelations of the Medieval World. Ed by
Georges Duby.

***Maid's Metamorphisis, originaly published in 1600.  Presented here in
facsimile by AMS press.

***Boxed edition of The Song of Roland, "Done into English in the original
measure by Charles Scott  Moncrieff with an introduction by Hamish Miles
llustrated and illuminated by Valenti Angelo." copyright 1938 (handwritten
date reads Jan 31, 1955).

***Boxed edition The Romance of Tristan & Iseult, "As Retold by Joseph
Bedier, Translated from the French by Hilaie Belloc and Paul Rosenfeld,
With an Introduction by Padraic Colum, and Illustrations by Serge Ivanoff."
c. 1960.

***The Mediaeval Modes: Their Melody and Harmony For The Use of the Modern
Composer, by A.Madeley Richardson. c. 1933. "An overview of the scales and
harmonies used by Palestrina and his contemporaries."

***The Domesday Book: England's Heritage, Then and Now. ed by Thomas Hinde.
With essays, color plates, and photos.

***The Description of Britain, Caxton. A Modern Rendering by Marie Collins.
Originally available in 1480, based upon a 14th century Middle English
translation of the Latin, Polychronicon--universal history.  Caxton focused
on the chapters devoted to Britain; he rearranged the sections, updated the
language, and became an immediate bestseller.

***Wharram Percy: Deserted Medieval Village, Maurice Beresford and John Hurst.
The Yorkshire village of Wharram Percy was abandoned in the early 16th
century--one of the nearly 3,000 English villages that failed to survive
the middle ages.  This book describes the archaeological exploration of the
site which transformed our knowledge of both the medieval culture and the
continuing development of the English village and countryside.

Many Thanks for your time,

Sue Singley
Page After Page
bduck@fred.net