Siege of Troy IV

Poster: Andy Fairbanks <andyf@mindless.com>

Siege of Troy IV
Presented by Baelfire Dunn
April 3 - 5, 1998

Be sure to vist the Siege of Troy IV web page at:
http://www.wp.cc.nc.us/~andyf/Siege_of_Troy_IV.html

The Beautiful Canton of Baelfire Dunn invites you to Siege of Troy IV.
Siege warfare in the springtime . . . who could ask for more?

The Siege: Heavies and combat archers can expect scenarios similar to the
last Siege with new variations. You won't be disappointed. Rapier fighters
will get a crack at the battlements too. Every fighter will find something
to test their mettle. Authorizations will be held before the battles.

Arts & Sciences: Best reproduction of a Greek artifact, documentation
encouraged. Best Greek god or goddess costume competition. Bardic
competition. An open display table will also be provided. Prizes awarded to
the winner of each competition.

Smalls Activities: Classes, workshops, and story hour. Volunteers and birds
from the Carolina's Raptor Center. A Children's Feast will be offered as
well (see Feast info).

The Feast: A delicious Feast for 300 will be prepared by Lady Myrrh Lyon
and Guild Gray. Address dietary concerns to Lady Myrrh (Cynthia Lee Rose)
(704) 428-4212, email: ladymyrrh@hotmail.com

The Children's Feast is available for any child 5-10 years registered on
board.

The Site: Camp Bud Schiele on the Piedmont Boy Scout Reservation in
Rutherfordton, NC The site opens as 3:00 PM Friday April 3 and closes at
12:00 PM Sunday April 5. There's lots of tent space, hot showers and a
wonderful Great Hall. Pets are allowed on leashes.
Merchants are welcome!

The Cost: Before March 18: On site / off board = $10.00; On site / on board
= $13.00
After March 18: On site / off board = $12.00; On site / on board = $15.00
Smalls 5 - 10 are 1/2 price. 4 and under are free.
Family rate: 2 adults / 2 children

Make checks payable to The Canton of Baelfire Dunn, Inc./SCA, Inc.

Please send reservations to Liam MacAyliffe (Ed Aliff), P.O. Box 247,
Crouse, NC 28033, (704) 732-4377, email: tubwrite@bellsouth.net

Remember, the only reservation is a PAID reservation.

Directions:
>From the East, West, or North take I-40 to Exit 103 (Morganton, NC). Follow
Hwy 64 West approximately 22 miles to Centennial Rd. (on right). **Travel
on Centennial Rd. approx. 2.3 miles and turn left on Boy Scout Road. Camp
Entrance is approx. 1.6 miles on the left. Watch for signs.

>From the South: take your best route to Hwy. 64 (Rutherfordton, NC). Follow
Hwy 64 East to Centennial Rd. (Immediately after Tony's Gun Shop) on the
left. Turn left on Centennial Rd. Follow from ** above.