Stefan's files for July

Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60@email.sps.mot.com>

Here is a copy of my monthly article for July.

If you are an editor of a local newsletter and wish to be put on the list of
people I mail this article to, around the fifth of each month, please send
me email giving your name, group, email address and newsletter name.

If you have articles that you think would be of interest to folks in other
parts of the Known World, please send them to me for consideration for
adding to this Florilegium. The author keeps the copyright and I will update
or withdraw them upon the authors request.

Please feel free to send this article to those maillists that are closed lists
or that I do not have the addresses for.

Stefan
---------------
<start>

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers").  In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that sometimes there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan@texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60@email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

AS-classes-msg       Comments on various A&S classes.
broths-msg           Broths in period recipes. Substitutions.
CA-safe-nocks-art    Testing HTM Anti-Bounce Back Nocks. by Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf.
candy-msg            Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
EK-Crwn-Fst-art      Details on the EK spring Crown AS 33.
fasts-msg            Fasts and fastdays. Food restrictions.
fd-paintings-msg     Period paintings that show food items.
stews-bruets-msg     Period stews and bruets. Recipes.
wattle-daub-msg      Medieval Wattle and Daub construction.

Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:

beverages-NA-msg     Non-alcoholic beverages.
breadmaking-msg      Period bread recipes and re-creations.
Europe-msg           Medieval points of interest in Europe.
fealty-msg           Fealty in SCA and period. Feudalism.
ferrets-msg          Ferrets in the SCA.and Middle Ages.
fish-msg             Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
livestock-msg        Medieval livestock. Pigs, cattle, sheep.
London-msg           Medieval points of interest in and around London.
magic-moments-msg    "Magic moments" experienced in the SCA.
mustard-msg          Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.
silk-msg             Types of silk, silk in the SCA and period.
---
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX  78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and changing the format is allowed.

<end>