Re: Earl Marshall's announcement for the October Acorn

Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

I think that it is a great rule, and it makes sense to me.
If we were to allow thrust to the side of the head from weapons such as spears,
not only would it be unrealistic, in my opinion, it would also open the flood
gates on injuries.  As a boxer I can tell you of the damage a "hard snap (i.e.
thrust)" to the side of the head will cause.  Not to mention (sort of once
again) that you would be hard pressed to take a "true" spear and puncture the
side of a "true" helm.

I think that it is a great ruling.  I have always told/taught that a thrust to
the face comprised of a target are defined as the face, including an area
comprised of the eyebrows, to the sideburns, to the collarbone.

Personally, if you were to "stick" me there, I would give up! (well, or shoot
you, but that's outside of our rules!)

Duke Logan