Re: Rule 4.E. must go - Realism and History

Poster: vtaltos@earthlink.net

Safety? One could say that.  Why does one not permit strikes from behind?
..
    A strike to the head from a spear is both less controlled and more
likely to to carry through the target than a sword blow..  On top of which,
a shot coming to the side of the head will roll the neck sideways, a
direction that the human neck is less inclined to go.  On top of that, the
blow will be unseen <by definition, the side of the head is where the
faceplate, i.e. the eyes, is located> and most likely unexpected.
Therefore, a side thrust to the head will force the most vital joint on the
human body, the neck, to be subjected to an unexpected, and consequently,
unprepared-for, force, which in my opinion is quite unsafe.
While there may be folks out there willing to take that chance, I don't
believe anyone who's ever been blindsided in the gut on a bridge wants that
shot to the head.  And I most certainly find it difficult that it could be
in any way considered safe...
    Humbly..
    Malcolm