[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Stefan's files for December
- To: SCA-Cooks maillist <SCA-Cooks@Ansteorra.org>, Bryn Gwlad maillist <bryn-gwlad@Ansteorra.org>, SCA-Arts maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ansteorra maillist <ansteorra@Ansteorra.org>, Atlantia maillist <email@example.com>, Artemisia maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Outlands maillist <email@example.com>, East Kingdom maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Middle maillist <email@example.com>, Calontir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Meridies maillist <email@example.com>, An Tir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Athelmearc maillist <email@example.com>, Atenveldt maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Caid maillist (via Edward Long-hair)" <email@example.com>, Trimaris maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Stefan's files for December
- From: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:53:30 -0500
- Comments: ( Received on motgate2.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Organization: Motorola NCSG
- Reply-To: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
Here is a copy of my Florilegium files article meant for December publication.
If any of you are editors and would like to get this article series on the
fifth of the month rather than later, please send me email giving me your
name, email address, group name and newsletter name and I will add you to my
If anyone has suggestions, comments or complaints please feel free to send
me a message and I will consider it. If you publish this article, I would
like to get a message saying this so I can track whether it is of use or not.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefanís Florilegium.
Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers"). In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.
Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.
Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and itís becoming available at the website.
Ld. Stefan li Rous (512)892-0036 firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the new files for this month:
butter-msg Period butter. Making butter. Butter churns.
camp-kitchens-msg Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
clothng-forms-msg Commercial and homemade clothing forms.
cookbooks3-bib Cookbook bibliography by Lady Allison.
courtly-love-bib Bibliography on Courtly Love.
dumplings-msg Period dumplings. Recipes.
fd-Arthur-msg Food referances in the King Arthur legends.
fd-Greece-msg Food of medieval Greece. referances.
fd-Poland-msg Food of period Poland. Referances.
Lamoral-art "Lamoral, Count of Egmont (the Spanish-Dutch
war, part I)" by Jan van Seist.
lavender-msg Period use of Lavender in food and elsewhere
Oertha-hist-msg Histories of the Principality of Oertha.
p-kitchens-msg Period kitchens and kitchen staff.
p-thts-animls-msg Period thoughts on and behavior to animals.
pilgrimages-msg Medieval pilgrimages and pilgrims.
Run-a-Feast-art "About Running a Feast" by Minna Gantz.
The winter holiday season is fast approaching. The following files are some of
those that have information that might be useful during this season:
12th-nite-msg 12th Night celebrations.
candy-msg Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
candles-msg Candle snuffers, making candles, wax, tallow
caudles-art A medieval drink of warm wine or beer
thickened with eggs by Tibor.
cloaks-msg Cloaks, cloak pins and clasps.
holidays-msg Halloween, Samhain, other Medieval holidays.
kniting-msg Period kniting.
largess-ideas-msg Ideas for largess and gifts. Royalty gifts.
merch-books-msg Directory and reviews of book merchants.
puddings-msg Medieval puddings. Recipes. Custards.
St-Nicholas-art Article on the St. Nicholas traditions.
Sugarplums-art "Visions of Sugarplums" by Mistress
Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
wassail-msg Spiced cider and ale drinks.
Xmas-art "The True Meaning of Xmas".
Yule-msg Yule celebrations.
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: email@example.com