RE: Pennsic Seneschale's Court and Requirements This Year

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

Phillip's guesses about the hang-ups of the individuals involved are pretty close.  And Swiftrunner in particular has a track record of "going too far" even on a point that starts out as justifiable.

Those involved definitely have an agenda and, even if you agree with that agenda, you would be wise to stop and think of the impications of the potential abrogations of individual rights and due process here (not to mention Society traditions of openness and courtesy).

To paraphrase the famous quote about the tragic events of half a century ago:

They came for the folk with the elf ears and I thought they did not play my game so I approved their removal.
They came for the fur-bikinied Tuchux and I thought they did not play my game (and did not like their fighting) so I approved their removal.
They came for the folk wearing tee shirts in the merchant area and I thought they did not play my game so I approved their removal.
They came for the folk who were wearing the Hawaiian tee tunics for their household parties and I thought they did not play my game so I approved their removal even though I wondered about the Council's sense of humour.
They decided that child labor was a violation of federal law so removed anyone who violated the resulting ban of children from merchant's booths and I began to wonder alound who would be the next to go.
They decided that anyone who criticised the autocrat was defined to bring the Society into disrepute and I realised the next to go was me. . .

Alisoun
Quondam War Herald