Re: Questions on the Cadfael series

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Magnus said:
> > Cadfael IV Series, program 3 will be on Mystery tonite on PBS
> > in NC at 9 p.m. e.s.t.
> >
> > This episode will be the last of this series and is titled:
> > The Potter's Field.
>
> I enjoyed the two programs that I got to see.
>
> Can anyone tell me if there are more of these? For instance, if this
> is series IV, is there a series I, II and III? Are there only three
> episodes in the other series?
>
> Does anyone have any opinions on how accurate the items they represent
> were for the period? The clothing?, the carts, the pots etc? I liked
> the leather(?) outfit that the local Norman lord seemed to be wearing.
>
> Thanks.
>    Stefan

There are four series so far....this may be the last, so they say...

Series I had four episodes:
One Corpse Too Many
The Sanctuary Sparrow
The Leper of St. Giles
Monk's Hood

Series II had three episodes:
The Virgin in the Ice
St. Peter's Fair
The Devil's Novice

Series III had three episodes:
The Raven in the Foregate
A Morbid Taste for Bones
The Rose is Rent

Series IV has three episodes:
The Holy Thief
Pilgrim of Hate
The Potter's Field

Here in N.C. WUNC ran another ringer in on us again and did not run
the Potter's field last week, but instead an episode from Series II.
So, I guess here we've got another to go yet. The Potter's Field.

All episodes are available in boxed sets from dealers. Figure about
$20 per episode. WGBH in Boston is the one who produces the series,
which is shot in Eastern Europe, can't remember which country, but
they build and tear down the village each time, or did.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/mystery/index.html
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/mystery/programs/cadfael/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/mystery/shop.html for dealers see bottom of
page.