Elf-arrows and Shakespeare

Greetings Rosettes,

First, my "Forgotten English", word-a-day calendar says that the term elf-arrow was given in the British Isles to the ancient flint arrow-heads still often found.  Also arrow-heads of the Neolithic period ... At one time they were supposed to be shot by elves at people and cattle out malice or revenge.  Cool huh!

Second, I saw Shakespeare in love this weekend and it is very cool.  Before anyone jump in, let's stipulate that they weren't very careful with get the historical facts right but it was a very cool movie otherwise.  Garb, garb, and more garb.  Did I say there was very cool garb.  It's worth seeing just for the garb and the sets, and of course the actors were first rate too.

THL Eógan mac Ailpein,  archer and Windmasters' Hill pursuivant
House Flamingbolt, Elvegast, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
mka Gene Bonar  919.577.3013 gbonar@auspex.com