Quilting reference found

Poster: Manly Summerfield <jophelia@yahoo.com>

A few days ago I posted that I had found a quilting reference and
erroniously said it might be in the McClintock book. I found the
reference, its in a book called Noble Lovers by DDR Owens.
The first such picture is a white cloth with black embroidery (Im
assuming, the picture isblack and white) there is a floral border and
a scene of men bowing to a King, there are building s in the back
ground and letters. The caption reads:
The Irish king Languis appoints Morholt to lead his army to Cornwall.
Morholt holds the glove and mace, symbols of his ambassadorial office.
Additional information in the bibliography of the book reads: Morholt
appointed head of Irish army. Quilted embroider. Sicilian, c.1395.
London, Victoria and Albert Museum

There are several other frames depicting a battle between Morholt and
Tristan.

The ISBN on this book is 0-8]47-7365-6
Library of congress number:75-4303

Hope this helps, sorry I mixed up the books, I got the Irish right in
any regard:)

==