Re: [gdh] Splat a Rat!

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

Garrett, William wrote:

> Poster: "Garrett, William" <WGarrett@sierrahealth.com>
>
> I think badgers would be better.
>
> > Poster: "H L. Falls" <hlf@holmes.acc.virginia.edu>
> >
> >    How about a weasel?  (Think red-brown wild ferretish beast that can
> > do a *lot* of damage in a hurry if it gets into the hen house...)
> >
> > --Landi
> >
> > > Poster: Karen Marsh-Lovvorn <marshk@ipas.org>
> > >
> > > Please don't splat any ferrets, even fake ones!  We ferret owners have
> > > enough trouble convincing people they're not wild animals, ready to
> > > attack at the least provocation!  Even though they're more "period" than
> > > mongoose(s)?  mongeese? - the ferret community has worked very hard for
> > > a very long time to get them equal rights with dogs,cats & other house
> > > pets.  Having a "ferret" jumping out & traumatizing some poor kid would
> > > surely be bad form!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Kateryn
> > > (who has 7 of the beasties & used to run a ferret rescue)

We were talking two different games here. :)
Whack a Mole (called Splat a Rat in English) and the Mongoose Game.
However, splatting _certain_ kids with a nice _wet_ mongoose
couldn't hoit. Might help actually. Kids loved Jaws when the
adults were losing their lunch. I was there in '74. Of course
that was in the pre Barney era. "Feed him another." as I recall.
Kids love gorey stuff, and tricks, and games, and great knoshing
dinosaurs.

My friend was talking from England, where she is in two different
reenactment groups, non SCA. They don't speak proper English like
we do. It has to be translated. They speak Aenglisch.

Silly chagua.

Badgers do sound good though, but one is a Laurel, and another is
a Golden Dolphin as I recall. We might run out rather quickly.
And one of my SCA/GDH brothers is the closest thing to a weasel
I've seen in this kingdom, all politics aside.

That was my GDH brother Raibert from Atenvelt writing in yesterday
for those who couldn't figure that one out. I'm *much* worse on
Hordenet from time to time. Hordenet is, shall we say, a *bit*
different, as are the Great Dark Horde. Good schtick is good schtick
so I blind copied them.

Pick your victims. :)  Weak hearts and minds need not apply.

Magnus, who's occaisionally been known to type with a pitchfork.